Hello Blogging World!
The other day, I was scrolling through thousands of pins about baking. One particular recipe got me off of my seat and made me think “I have got to try this!” So, I made (yet again) another mini-series called The Cookie Jar.
p.s: I completely forgot to take pictures of the procedure and the finished product. I got the featured image from Google lol.
Red Velvet Crinkles (with cream cheese filling)
Here are the ingredients for the red velvet crinkles:
- 3 cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of Salt (1/2 + 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 1/3 cups of Sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened, not melted)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons of vinegar
- Red food color (add as many as you want. suggested amount: 3 tablespoons)
- Powdered Sugar
- Stand/Hand mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Preheat the oven to 350’F.
- In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients then whisk.
- Whip the butter and sugar in the mixer on low until fluffy.
- When the wanted consistency is achieved, slowly one egg at a time. It must be completely blended before adding another. Add the milk, vanilla, vinegar, and food coloring right after.
- Add the dry ingredients little by little until everything is well combined.
- Optional: Cover with cling wrap and put in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Roll into balls and sprinkle powdered sugar before slightly flattening on the tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and let it cool for five minutes.
Cream Cheese Filling
You can make this while the crinkles are still baking in the oven.
- 1 box of 8oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar ( you may adjust the measurement to your liking)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- Chop cream cheese into small cubes and whip on low.
- Add vanilla extract and put in sifted powdered sugar cup by cup.
- Place the mixture in a container until ready to use.
Once the red velvet crinkles have cooled, take one crinkle and just pipe the cream cheese filling or spread using a butter knife.
Take another then sandwich the two together.
See you on the next post,